NAHMMA is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE November 17, 2017
NAHMMA seeks to contract a part-time (20 hours/week) creative individual for the position of Marketing/Communications Manager. Under the supervision of the NAHMMA Executive Committee, and in collaboration with the Communications and Membership Committees and NAHMMA’s Chapters, the Manager will be responsible for developing and executing marketing and communications efforts for the NAHMMA organization. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating content for the NAHMMA website and assisting regional chapters with their site content;
- Promoting the NAHMMA national conference, assisting with outreach for regional chapter conferences;
- Creating a visible NAHMMA presence throughout NAHMMA conferences, and through attendance at one or two related organization conferences as deemed necessary by NAHMMA leadership;
- Packaging, promoting and leveraging NAHMMA conference presentations through social media;
- Writing articles, editing content, producing marketing materials, and other similar duties as assigned;
- Posting to social media platforms, gathering and reporting social media metrics, maintaining content calendar;
- Managing the on-line NAHMMA newsletter and coordinating NewsWatch stories;
- Providing monthly, campaign-specific reports to the Board tracking marketing and communications progress with analytics; developing a report for the Board annual meeting.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field, or a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of experience working in marketing/communications with copywriting and social media engagement as work functions. Other important qualifications include:
- Computer proficiency including a solid understanding of website and content development;
- Demonstrated ability to write for web, print and social media;
- Experience with social media analytics;
- Experience developing print marketing materials;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, while maintaining an attention to quality and detail;
- Ability to think creatively, reflecting the organizational culture and adapting to quickly resolve issues;
- Market research experience including survey development and analysis;
- Experience in graphic design and working with Photoshop or similar software;
Location: Remote (based in the United States). The applicant must have the ability for some travel.
Time Commitment and Compensation: This is a remote/contractor part-time position requiring a commitment of 20 hours per week, with additional hours for an annual two-day board retreat and annual one-week conference (standard travel expenses covered). Contractor compensation is $20 – 26/hour, dependent upon qualifications.Application: Applicants must send a resume, cover letter, three writing samples demonstrating skills and experience utilizing different styles or channels (including but not limited to web content, print articles, marketing materials (print and email), and contact information for three professional references, not related to the applicant. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “NAHMMA Communications Manager”.