Florida Chapter AwardsWouldn't You (or someone you know) Like To Win An Award?
We know there are some really wonderful programs and outstanding people in our profession and we would like to recognize and honor them at our Annual NAHMMA Florida Chapter Workshop. In addition to recognizing your program at the Chapter level, all nominees will be sent on to the NAHMMA National Committee for consideration.
Since you know who and where these people and programs are, your job is to nominate them for an award. In one page or less tell us your story about your marvelous nominee. Your narration must include how the nominee impacted this profession, the environment or the community at large.
- Tell us what was useful, successful, or noteworthy
- Explain how success was demonstrated, or why things didn't go as planned and what was learned
- Describe innovative steps or originality and any risks that had to be overcome
- Describe the level of commitment it took and barriers that had to be overcome
- Provide an amusing story or anecdote
- Pictures are always valuable and appreciated
Please use this opportunity to nominate yourself, your staff or programs, or the staff and programs of those you think need to be recognized for the wonderful work they are doing and have done for their community. Persons making nominations must be a NAHMMA member, but nominees do not have to be members.
Click here for a nomination form.
NAHMMA Florida Chapter Awards Categories
Community Service Award
- To recognize the program that goes beyond inspections and HHW collection to do community outreach.
- Given to the HHW facility that has made the most significant improvements
Longstanding Program Excellence
- For programs that have been in service for 20 years or more and have consistently gone above and beyond to help their community and this profession.
Most Inspiring Membe
r - To recognize a member that has been an inspiration for our organizations.
Pickled Skunk Brains
- To recognize the most unusual item received at an HHW or CESQG collection service.
- To recognize the most explosive situation at an HHW or CESQG collection service in the past year.
- Given to the person or program with the best photo of an event or facility with the most unique or creative occurrence.
- To recognize companies, government agencies, non-profit groups and political entities that have worked together as partners to accomplish a goal that is supportive of the mission of NAHMMA and its members and chapter. Divisions will be Government/Non-profit and Government/Private.
- To recognize an individual or organization for outstanding service in promoting pollution prevention and the reduction of hazardous components in the waste systems.
SQG Program of the Year
- To recognize the most outstanding or most improved SQG program.
Doug Nelson Outstanding Service Award
- To recognize individuals or organizations that have done a great deal for the NAHMMA Chapter but do not fit into any of the other award categories.
Best Exhibitor Award
- To recognize the best exhibitor as decided by the workshop attendees. Voting will take place at the workshop and announced prior to the end of the workshop. Nominations will not be accepted prior to the workshop. All exhibitor participants will be eligible to win this award.
Click here for a nomination form
- Nominations should be submitted as a PDF document. Include the form.
- The name of the award category must be included with the nomination submittal.
- The person submitting the nomination will receive a confirmation email indicating the nomination has been received and reviewed for completeness.
Please submit your nomination via email to: Richard Lobinske, lobinskeR@leoncountyfl.gov or call 850-606-1816. (NOTE: If you do not receive an email confirming the receipt of your nomination, please contact Richard) All nominations are due by June 1st.